Saturday, February 13, 2016

Silencing Yourself

I have this bad habit of silencing myself when I interact with other people and it has to stop.
It could be from keeping in my feelings and thoughts, because I feel like they don't matter, to not speaking up in a conversation with others.
I've been learning that silencing myself is very harmful, not just to myself, but to others as well. It can and has damaged some relationships because I wasn't verbal enough of what I was thinking. I believed that I would sound whiny or unreasonable (and any other negative adjective I could think of), so I silenced myself. Over and over again.
This is something that I am looking on improving in my everyday life and if you have this problem or something similar, then I hope you can learn to improve your life along side me.
We have to remember that it's okay to speak our minds, that we have to ask for what we want instead of silencing ourselves. We are worthy enough and we should tell ourselves that, so we won't be afraid anymore.

Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment